Hardwood Floor Refinishing by Royal Hardwood Floors
Royal Hardwood Floors in Ottawa, ON has been providing home and business owners throughout the community with high-quality hardwood floor refinishing services since 1922. As the area’s hardwood flooring leader, our knowledgeable and experienced contractors utilize the latest tools and techniques to help improve the look of your property’s floors. We understand the importance of having bright, beautiful hardwood floors. We’ve seen it throughout our nine decades of service, and our crew is always available to handle any size project – large or small. Contact us today to get started with a FREE consultation.
Hardwood Floor Refinishing for Residential Customers
Your home’s hardwood floors can become dull, scratched, and dirty from years of abuse. Once the protective layer of coating wears off, you’ll notice more scratches and dents, which allows dirt to settle into your hardwood. However, installing new floors isn’t your only option. Royal Hardwood Floors offers hardwood floor refinishing services for residential customers. Most hardwood floors need to be refinished every seven to ten years. Whether you’re planning on moving and want to impress potential homebuyers, or you simply want to update the look of your home. We can refinish hardwood floors that have:
- Sun Damage – If your home’s hardwood floors receive direct sunline for extended periods of time, they may become faded over the years.
- Wear and Tear – Hardwood floors in high-traffic spaces in your home, such as in front of a door, may quickly become dull due to foot traffic, dirt, and water.
- Gouges and Damage – Hardwood floors are extremely durable. However, they aren’t impervious. If your floor has been damaged and the protective coating has been worn thin, you may notice the rest of your floor around it begin to lose its luster.
What are the Benefits of Refinishing My Home’s Hardwood Floor?
Hardwood is a timeless flooring material that can last for decades with minimal daily maintenance. However, it’s important that you have your floors refinished at least every seven to ten years to keep them protected from permanent damage. There are a number of other reasons it’s important to choose a talented and knowledgeable hardwood flooring contractor to refinish your floors:
- Sound Investment – Your home’s floors are one of its most essential features. Whether you’re entertaining friends and family or planning to sell, new hardwood floors add a stunning look to your home.
- Money-Saving – Before you think about installing a new floor, speak with Royal Hardwood Floors. Installing a new floor is expensive and will interrupt your daily routine. No matter what your floors look like, our crew may be able to help save you money by refinishing them.
- Extends the Life of Your Floors – When you choose us for your hardwood floor refinishing, we apply a seal coat that will protect your hardwood from water, dirt, and scratches.
- Gorgeous-looking Floors – Choosing a professional for your hardwood refinishing will provide you with exceptional results that will last for years.
Hardwood Floor Refinishing for Commercial Customers
Whether you own a storefront, office building, or restaurant, it’s important that you make a great impression on your customers and employees. Refinishing your hardwood floors is a great way to positively impact the ambiance of our business. Royal Hardwood Floors provides commercial refinishing services for business owners throughout the area.
Our Hardwood Refinishing Process
When you choose Royal Hardwood Floors for your hardwood refinishing, you can be certain that you’ll receive the very best service and care. We have decades of experience helping home and business owners refinish their hardwood floors. Our comprehensive refinishing process includes:
- Preparing Your Floors – Once the furniture in the room is moved, we will make sure to prepare the room for sanding by covering vents and ensuring the rest of your home is unaffected by our work.
- Dustless Sanding – As the leader in hardwood refinishing, we utilize the latest tools and technology, including a dustless sanding machine, which nearly eliminates the amount of dust caused by the refinishing process.
- Apply the Wood Stain – One of the most exciting aspects of refinishing your home’s hardwood is choosing the wood stain finish. A new wood stain can completely transform your home. We offer a wide variety of wood stain colors.
- Add the Finish – We’ll apply a high-quality wood finish that will help protect your floors from future damage while giving them a beautiful shine.
Choose a Professional Hardwood Floor Refinishing Contractor
When you need hardwood floor refinishing services for your home or business, contact the experts at Royal Hardwood Floors. We have decades of experience refinishing hardwood floors, and our team is licensed and equipped to handle any size project. We use high-quality products and materials and innovative tools to provide you with exceptional results. When your floors need the royal treatment, contact Royal Hardwood Floors for a FREE quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
When deciding if your floors need a refinish, there are a few things to look for beyond normal wear and tear. While small scratches probably aren’t cause for concern, many deep scratches in your floor call for a refinish. Some scratches and chips go deeper than just the stain, so re-staining isn’t a practical option. If some areas of your floor are splintering, it’s also a reason to schedule hardwood floor refinishing. Discoloration is another clear way to tell if your floors need refinishing. This discoloration can be a result of sun exposure or the protection having worn off your wood. If the discoloration is gray, it’s especially important to address. The gray color is a result of absorbed water, and the boards will eventually turn black if left unchecked. Water damage of any kind also gives reason to call in a professional for hardwood floor refinishing.
Why do hardwood floors turn yellow? We’ve covered that your hardwood can become gray from absorbing water into the boards, but the yellow color is a result of a completely different kind of damage. If left exposed to light for a prolonged period of time, some types of hardwood floors will take on an orange or yellow sheen because wood is prone to reacting to sunlight. Fortunately, the professional team at Royal Hardwood Floors can refinish your floors to restore them to their original color.
We recommend that you refinish your hardwood floors every seven to ten years. However, you can always refinish your floors earlier than that if you’re unhappy with their appearance or you find discoloration. No matter your situation, Royal Hardwood Floors can provide you with top-quality flooring at a reasonable price. We’ve served the Ottawa, ON community for nearly 100 years, and we’re excited to help you as well. Don’t live with floors you aren’t happy with when you could instead have a full professional hardwood floor restoration.
Many homeowners are hesitant about hardwood floor refinishing because they assume it’s a long process. However, the team at Royal Hardwood Floors can do the job in about two days with a water-based polyurethane. Before the refinishing begins, we’ll need to make sure your floors are thick enough to be refinished. There needs to be at least 1/32 of an inch of wood on top to withstand the sanding process. If the thickness of your boards looks to be in order, we can start the process. We sand down your floors and apply new coats of stain (optional) and finish. The finish is usually applied in two coats. Each coat needs eight to 10 hours to dry properly, and then you’re all set to enjoy your hardwood floors again. Contact us for more information on the hardwood floor refinishing process.
While refinishing your hardwood floors certainly comes with more immediate expenses than doing nothing, it’s much cheaper than replacing them altogether. On average, replacement costs five times more than hardwood floor refinishing. When considering cost, it’s also important to consider the expenses you’ll be avoiding with a professional refinish. Floors can usually be refinished at least five times before they need replacing, so you’ll probably never be on the hook for a replacement. Plus, fixing small chips and scratches or minor water damage early with refinishing prevents them from getting worse and needing more extensive repair. If your Ottawa, ON home needs hardwood floor restoration, contact us for more information on what kinds of costs you can expect.
Contact our knowledgeable team today for more information on how we can give you the home of your dreams.